Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Surgery Has Been Rescheduled

I've spent the past few weeks gearing up for Friday's surgery to place the expander that begins the reconstruction process, coordinating logistics with work and getting our house in order.  So of course I just heard from the surgeon's office that they need to cancel all of her appointments this Friday.  

My surgery will now be Friday, Jan. 30.  While I was initially really bummed out, I've come to terms with it.  Ultimately, the original date was completely arbitrary anyway, and fortunately, it's not a life-and-death procedure.  I'll still have three weeks to recover at home with Netflix and some good books before returning to work, where they've been incredibly supportive of the entire process, and will hopefully be on track to complete the reconstruction surgeries before this summer (fingers crossed!).

Even better, this gives us a few additional weeks to prepare.  It also offers the opportunity to squeeze in a few of the fun things I won't be able to do while I recover, such as play tennis and take Charlie to the pool.

So thanks again to all who've offered your support and prayers.  We'll definitely take you up on them, but you now have a few weeks reprieve.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Private101 said...

I'm praying all goes well for you. Good Luck!

Post a Comment